It may still be in the mid-eighties here in Texas, but there is something special about the first rainy days. This stretch of stormy weather has me pulling the sweaters out of storage, browsing boots online and indulging in some of my favorite rainy day activities.
As much as I love long endless summer days, I also find myself beginning to crave the the cozy comforts an overcast rainy day brings around this time of year. (a girl’s hair can only handle 100% humidity for so long) A stormy day provides no better excuse to bundle up and keep dry in the great indoors.
I’ve put a list together of rainy day activities that will suit a variety of moods, energy levels and are perfect to try sans bra with an oversized pair of sweatpants on….(or at least that’s just my suggestion)
- Dreaming of a beach? Begin planning a relaxing and luxurious winter getaway.
- Relax the brain and get back to your coloring book days with an adult coloring book.
- Cook a hearty meal or bake a sweat treat from your favorite cookbook – like this beautiful and healthy(ish) Love & Lemons Cookbook.
- Stay buzzed with a cup of joe – My weapon of choice is the Nespresso VertuoLine Brewer and cuddle up on the couch with a puppy and a good book.
A photo posted by Lauren. Minimalism Over Matter (@laurenjadelately) on
- Treat yourself to an at-home mani/pedi – I love coordinating shades with the weather – try either a creamy taupe by Deborah Lippmann or a rich velvety burgundy hue from Smith & Cult (and the bottles are stunning)
- Read some modern day poetry…via Instagram of course – @AtticusPoetry is the perfect place to start
- Start putting together your ultimate bucket list – no time like the present!
- Experiment with your favorite liquor by playing bartender with some new cocktail ideas
- Explore a local Art Museum or gallery
- Binge watch the latest season of your favorite TV show. My Picks: Mr. Robot, Unbreakable Kimmy Schimdt, House of Cards, OITNB, Wayward Pines.
- Declutter a room (or all of them) in your house – be sure to grab my free decluttering guide to help you out!
- Invite all your friends over, mix up some drinks and circle up for some crazy rounds of Cards Against Humanity
SHOP RAINY DAY ACTIVITIES
What are some of your favorite things to do on a rainy day? Leave me a note in the comments!